You can see them here. If you’re a Flickr user you can add yours to the group.
We have booked a DJ for the day, after Jose from Cafe Mama suggested one musical man that he knew of and Penny Cox approached another who she had seen in action; we had the choice of two and we are pleased that there will be music on the day.
Presently we are working on a survey form that will be distributed shortly to get an idea of the number of party participants, number of children and senior citizens. We are also making plans to go from house to house to collect £5 per person to fill up the party kitty with cash.
Do you own a marquee, perhaps a simple green and white stripey one such as is used for the May Fair and other such venues? Then we would like to hear from you.
The next meeting is planned for Thursday 17 May at 8 p.m., again at Cafe Mama.
If you want to get in touch, make suggestions or volunteer for anything, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear neighbours in Beaumont, Pagoda and Selwyn Avenue,
apologies for the short notice but we would like to get everyone together for another drinks in Mama’s on Tuesday April 24, from 8 onwards. Some of you were not able to make it last time round, and we won’t need a formal meeting this time but rather use it as a chance to put different groups in touch with each other to take forward the ideas around decoration, entertainment, food and music.
Please do try and make it if you can, and please buy a drink from Jose at the bar downstairs as this means we won’t need to raid the street party fund which we need for other bits and pieces.
If you can’t make it please do let one of us know if you’re happy to be put in touch with others to help with any particular areas listed below
– helping organise children’s games during the day
– helping with the tea for the older guests at 4pm that afternoon
– organising the barriers and making sure the street parking arrangements work
– music, decorations, competitions… and anything else that you may want to suggest
The doctors’ surgery on Pagoda Avenue has very kindly agreed that we can use their small car park area for any activity we wish – and are supportive of the event. For more details about the last meeting, please see the attachment “Street party meeting 24 March.doc”. Above all, it should be a really fun and enjoyable day.
Hope to see you all Tuesday evening at Café Mama!
Siobhan, Penny, Jo and Susanne
- cars all moved – play space for children, informal games, bikes, skates, etc
- Fancy Dress Parade – led by trumpeter, prizes for all participants
- Best Dressed House/Front Door – need to appoint judges, come and cheer on the parade and competitions
- Face Painting – can this be organised by the teenagers?
- Childrens’ Games – organising group to be finalised*
- Street Games – adults and children, in teams, organising group to be finalised
- Afternoon Tea for Senior Citizens and BBQ for children – pop out and meet your neighbours for a chat. Organisor Siobhan Webb, Alsion Barr and others for a tea. Charlie Quigley and others for BBQ.
- Music, Dancing and Dinner – organising group to be finalised. Bring own table, chairs, food and drinks for sharing.
- Finish and Clean up
* Suggested Games Adults and Teams’ names based on games played in 1996
- Edwina Currie egg & spoon Race
- The Home Guard vault obstacle race
- The Biba Babes dressing up race
- Under 5s hokey cokey
- City Fat Cats race
- Common Market food mountain race
- Coronation Capers water carrying race
- Redistribution of Wealth race
- Under 5s circle game, accompanied by adults
- The Norman Tebbitt slow bicycle race
- Guest Celebrity bed pulling race
Nothing not already thought of, but reassuring for that, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17300223.
Not a Jubilee Street Party, a group on Flickr.
Please add your photographs in the “Not a Jubilee Street Party” Flickr group, linked above. Your fellow photographers will enjoy your comments – especially if you Favorite them.